In 1959, a group of business leaders in Seattle came together with one goal- to create one of the finest executive luncheon clubs in the country in the tradition of New York and Chicago.
To quote the original founding concept from April 1959: "this club will provide the ideal location for a business conference, rendezvous with friends, or for just relaxing over a fine luncheon beautifully served."
On June 10, 1960, this vision became reality as The Harbor Club opened its doors on the top floor of the newly built Norton Building in the heart of Seattle's financial district.
With sweeping views from Mt. Rainier to the Olympic Peninsula, it quickly gained popularity as a gathering place for business leaders in Seattle. Over the years, The Harbor Club hosted ambassadors from around the world, served as the backdrop for Seattle landmark business deals and became an institution on the Seattle waterfront.